This past Sunday hundreds of cyclists attended the grand opening of the Virginia Key North Point MTB Trail. Everyone in attendance seemed really ecstatic about riding the trails for the first time, there were a wide variety of riders present from experts to kids with their families, I even saw Commissioner Carlos A. Gimenez riding the trails. The parks proximity to the city and it's spectacular views will make this a popular attraction for south Florida cyclists for years to come. Currently there's a total of 4 miles of trail, about 50% novice and the other half intermediate with some advanced sections. Thanks to Frenchy, John Voss, ALL the volunteers, sponsors, and elected officials for making it happen.
Remember, volunteers are still needed to help maintain and expand the trails. Join the Virginia Key Bicycle Club on Facebook and see how you can contribute.
Check out the excellent photos from the opening courtesy of Joseph Regner and Tyrone Minton of the Virginia Key Bicycle Club.
$5.00 per vehicle
Hours of Operation
8am to Sunset
Virginia Key North Point Mountain Bike Trail Rules
- Helmets Are Required
- Be Safe, Mountain Biking is Dangerous Sport
- Ride Trails at Your Own Risk
- Trails Are All One Way
- Obey All Posted Trail Caution Signs
- No Altercation of Any Trail or Terrain is Permitted - No Trail Blazing
- Riders Yield to Pedestrians
- Slower Riders Must Yield to Faster Riders When Asked
- Faster Riders Must Ask Slower Riders For the Right-of-Way
- Riders Not Respecting the Rules Will Be Asked to Leave the Park
- Motorcycles, ATV's Are Not Permitted and May Be Impounded