Sunday, October 19th
"Everglades Bicycle Club's 12th annual event benefits the Freedom Team of Wounded Veterans, a branch of Achilles International. The "Freedom Team" of handcyclists, accompanied by sponsoring cyclist-buddies, will be leading out the group of riders. Riders who are wearing the event jerseys will be at the start of the pack. The event begins with with one lap around the Homestead Miami Speedway Track. The Century (100 miles) and Metric Century (62 miles) head to Key Largo. The 10, 26 and 41 mile courses continue through rural south Miami-Dade County. This year we have included 1.5-3 miles loop around the Speedway Track for beginners who want that one of a kind experience on their bicycle."
- The Honda GOLD WING motorcycle club will serve as Freedom Team escorts and will ensure safe passage of all riders on heavily-trafficked or narrow roads like Card Sound Road.
- SAG support will be available on all courses for mechanical and flat tire assistance, as well as transportation for cyclists suffering from fatigue.
- Rest Stops along each route will be stocked with water, sports drinks, and energy snacks.
- Lunch is included in your registration and is served upon return to the Speedway
No Fundraising Required
10am - 2pm
Family members, friends and all are invited to the FAMILY FESTIVAL at the Speedway event site. Enjoy musical entertainment while visiting our sponsor booths full of great information to continue or start a healthy lifestyle.
FREE Children's activities will include:
- Strider Obstacle Course: These no-pedal bikes are designed to teach tots as young as 18-months old to learn balance, coordination and confidence on a bike. Local Strider dealer Greg Thek of Two Wheel Tykes will provide the no-pedal bikes and helmets and guide kids thru the fun obstacle course.
- Bike Rodeo for Kids: The great folks at University of Miami's BikeSafe program will set up a bicycle safety skills course for children thru middle school. It's a great way to teach kids how to ride a bike correctly using proper hand-signaling and coordination. You must bring your own bike and helmet to participate. Bikes and helmets will not be available.
- Bicycle Helmet fitting: Be sure your helmet and your children's helmets fit properly to avoid injury! SafeKids Miami Dade of Miami Children's Hospital will be on hand to fit your helmets for maximum safety.
10 Mile Salute Ride
This is a good ride for families with small children and beginners. Ride through Homestead Air Reserve Base for quick salute to South Florida's only military base.
25 Mile Family Fun Ride
This is a perfect distance ride for the family get together, the beginning cyclist, or those of you just getting back into the saddle. Includes a ride through Homestead Air Reserve Base.
41 Mile Ride
Back by popular demand! We are offering an intermediate ride of 41 miles for those who desire to ride more than the 25 mile fun ride, but not a full metric century. A popular choice when it's windy outside! Includes a ride through Homestead Air Reserve Base.
62 Mile Metric Century
For those a little more ambitious, metric century riders will accompany the century riders on the Key Largo Loop. Includes a ride through Homestead Air Reserve Base.
100 Mile Century (Best value)
For those who are looking for the ultimate challenge Century riders will join the Metric Century riders for the Key Largo Loop, then travel thru southern Dade County. Includes a ride through Homestead Air Reserve Base.