Friday, January 27, 2017
6:30pm (ride starts at 7:15pm)
150 NW First Street
The ride will be going through East Little Havana, Grapeland Heights, Allapattah, Brownsville, Liberty City, Wynwood, Overtown, and Downtown Miami. Total distance is approximately 16 miles. Make sure you come prepared and read The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Bicycling.
All eyes appear to be on Miami Critical Mass and it’s time for participants to prove the opposition wrong. Everyone riding is solely responsible for their actions and should lead by example. If you see someone riding or behaving irresponsibly, then let them know it’s not acceptable. If you’re partaking in the ride, then it’s your duty to positively influence others. Ride safely and be courteous to everyone in the community, if you can’t do this then quite simply you are not welcomed. There’s no room for hostile, drunk, moronic individuals. There are a lot of great people on these rides, enjoying their city by bicycle for 1-2 hours on the last Friday of every month, and it’s rather unfortunate that a few bad apples can ruin this special occurrence for everyone else. To frustrated motorists, borrow a bicycle and try joining the ride sometime with some friends. You never know, you just may experience one of the most fun, free, and healthy social gatherings South Florida has to offer.
Bicycle Rules & Safety Tips
- Stay in the right lane, and do not ride across middle line on the road into opposite travel lane
- Yield to emergency vehicles.
- No Headphones! While riding a bicycle it is illegal to wear a headset, headphone or other listening device, other than a hearing aid or instrument for the improvement of defective human hearing.
- Safety Lights: Front & rear lights are required by law in the State of Florida.
- Kids under 16 years of age must wear helmets.
- Do not ride on the sidewalk.
- Passing: A passing cyclist is responsible for the safety of the cyclist that is being passed. When passing ring a bell and/or say "on your left".
- Yield to pedestrians and buses.
- No drinking of alcohol or illegal activity during ride.
- Do not filter forward past stopped cars at a red light.
- Skateboarders, inline skaters and recumbent bikes are welcomed, exercise caution.
- Do not litter or vandalize any property.
- Stopping: If you must stop to check your bike, phone, gear etc please move over to the sidewalk when it's clear. Do not stop abruptly in the middle of the street with the mass behind you. You will more than likely cause a cyclist to hit you and/or swerve and hit someone else.
- Always perform an "ABC Quick" Bike Check to ensure that your bike is in safe working order
W. Flagler Street is under reconstruction. Only 2 lanes are open, please obey all road closed signage. Do not weave in & out of barricade drums. Do not ride on closed lanes!
Don't have a bicycle?
Rent a bike at the start of the ride from CitiBike .
Cue Notes: (map)
Start at Government Center 7:15pm
Proceed west to W Flagler St *Road Construction*
RIGHT - NW 22nd Ave
LEFT - NW 54th St
RIGHT - NW 27th Ave
RIGHT - NW 75th St
LEFT - NW 24th Ave
RIGHT - NW 79th St
RIGHT - NW 12th Ave
LEFT - NW 29th St
RIGHT - NW 6th Ave
LEFT - NW 21st Ter
RIGHT - NW 5th Pl
LEFT - NW 20th St
RIGHT - NW 1st Ave
LEFT - NW 14th St
RIGHT - N Miami Ave
RIGHT - NW 3rd St
LEFT - NW 1st Ave
End at Government Center