"Slow Roll and Ride a Bike with a Lauderhill Cop is a group bicycle ride that meets routinely in different parts of Lauderhill beginning in November 2016. It is a chance to ride along with the City's police officers in a safe and friendly environment throughout our great neighborhoods. There are a national network of similar community rides in cities like Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo, as well as some international cities. We meet at different venues throughout the City for each Slow Roll and take a unique route throughout the city, including all the major and minor neighborhoods that we are so proud of.
Slow Roll is for everyone; all ages, all skill levels and every type of bike is welcome. Our slow pace keeps the group safe and gives riders a unique perspective of our great city and its neighborhoods.
The positive energy and community driven atmosphere is what keeps people coming back and sharing the Slow Roll experience with their friends and family! We hope you can join us!"
11/19/16 - St. George Park Event
12/03/16 - Veterans Park Event
01/14/17 - John Mullin Park Event
02/11/17 - West Ken Lark Park Event
02/25/17 - West Wind Park Event
03/11/17 - Lauderhill Performing Arts Center Event
03/22/17 - City Hall Event
04/08/17 - John Mullin Park Event
04/19/17 - St. George Park Event
For most Slow Rolls, Registration begins at 9:00am and roll out is at 10:00am. There are some evening events in which the registration begins at 6:00pm and roll out is at 6:30pm. Please refer to the current flyer or our City Event Calendar for most current information regarding timing.
- Hydration stations will be available along the route and food vendors may be available at the starting/finishing point.
- The rides are FREE and open to the public.
- Children under 18 are required to wear a helmet.
- All participants must complete a waiver prior to participating.
- Participants need to bring their own bicycle. Some may also be available to rent for a nominal fee.
- We will be giving away at least one bike at the events from February 2017 through April 2017 thanks to a generous donation from the Lauderhill YMCA.
For more information, please call 954-730-3080.
Slow Roll Interest Survey
Slow Roll Waiver & Sign-up Form
- The waiver will also be available on-site at each event.
- Participants (or their parent/legal guardian if a minor) must present a completed waiver and their driver's license or other official government photo document (i.e. Passport) to participate.
- A parent or legal guardian will be required to complete a waiver for any children 17 years of age and under.