Friday, October 31st
6:30pm (ride starts at 7:15pm)
150 NW First Street
Annual Halloween costume ride with a FREE after party & costume contest in Wynwood!
The ride will be going through Downtown Miami, Little Havana, West Flagler, Grapeland Heights, Allapattah, and Wynwood. Total distance is approximately 14 miles. It's strongly suggested that you print a copy of the map or save it on your phone in case you are tardy or get lost.
Safety tips for cyclists wearing costumes:
If your costume requires a mask or other face covering, you must be able to see clearly and breathe easily at all times. Make sure your costume will not get caught in the wheels, gears, or pedals. Be certain your costume is not a hazard to others. Safety first!
All eyes appear to be on Miami Critical Mass and it’s time for participants to prove the opposition wrong. Everyone riding is solely responsible for their actions and should lead by example. If you see someone riding or behaving irresponsibly, then let them know it’s not acceptable. If you’re partaking in the ride, then it’s your duty to positively influence others. Ride safely and be courteous to everyone in the community, if you can’t do this then quite simply you are not welcomed. There’s no room for hostile, drunk, moronic individuals. There are a lot of great people on these rides, enjoying their city by bicycle for 1-2 hours on the last Friday of every month, and it’s rather unfortunate that a few bad apples can ruin this special occurrence for everyone else. To frustrated motorists, borrow a bicycle and try joining the ride sometime with some friends. You never know, you just may experience one of the most fun, free, and healthy social gatherings South Florida has to offer.
Bicycle Rules & Safety Tips
- Stay in the right lane, and do not ride across middle line on the road into opposite travel lane
- Yield to emergency vehicles.
- No Headphones! While riding a bicycle it is illegal to wear a headset, headphone or other listening device, other than a hearing aid or instrument for the improvement of defective human hearing.
- Safety Lights: Front & rear lights are required by law in the State of Florida.
- Kids under 16 years of age must wear helmets.
- Do not ride on the sidewalk.
- Passing: A passing cyclist is responsible for the safety of the cyclist that is being passed. When passing ring a bell and/or say "on your left".
- Yield to pedestrians and buses.
- No drinking of alcohol or illegal activity during ride.
- Do not filter forward past stopped cars at a red light.
- Skateboarders, inline skaters and recumbent bikes are welcomed, exercise caution.
- Do not litter or vandalize any property.
- Stopping: If you must stop to check your bike, phone, gear etc please move over to the sidewalk when it's clear. Do not stop abruptly in the middle of the street with the mass behind you. You will more than likely cause a cyclist to hit you and/or swerve and hit someone else.
- Always perform an "ABC Quick" Bike Check to ensure that your bike is in safe working order.
The ride will be ending at a FREE Halloween Block Party in Wynwood. Join hundreds of ghouls and goblins for a spooky HalloWYN event which will include a costume contest, DJs, food trucks, drinks, video DJs, a special screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and much more.
Note: The monthly Miami Critical Mass ride will be starting as regularly scheduled at Government Center, the only difference to previous rides is that it will be ending in Wynwood for the Halloween Block Party, the group of cyclists should be expected to arrive in Wynwood around 8:20pm.
The park is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Don't lose your bike by being careless. Do not leave your bike unattended if you do not have a good lock.
MANA Wynwood (Food Truck Lot) is located at 318 NW 23rd Street. Click here to see a recommended route back to Government Center from Wynwood, just under 2 miles. This suggested route avoids the dangerous rail road tracks on N. Miami Ave & 19th Street.
Also, Citi Bike Miami will be hosting a costume contest on Instagram. Take your best costume photo and follow @citibikemiami and use hashtags #unlockmiami #miamibikescene to be entered in the contest! Look for a skeleton on a Citi Bike before and after the ride for a better chance to win! Simply take a photo next to the Citi Bike.