Sunday, October 20th
11am - 6pm
"As the cooler temperatures set in, the City Beautiful offers the perfect backdrop for a day al fresco dedicated to community, healthy living, eco-consciousness and, as the name suggests, cycling and bike culture. In its third rendition, Gables Bike Day expands to include BMX demos, skateboard contests, guided bike tours and new restaurant partners. Thousands are expected to turn out and there’s something for everyone: from arts & crafts to local foods and live music. Admission is free.
Gables Bike Day is organized by the non-profit Bike Walk Coral Gables, and presented by the Downtown Coral Gables & Miracle Mile BID to promote cycling and educate the community about safety and traffic laws that apply to cyclists and pedestrians, encourage bicycle commuting, improve kid bike safety and support the further development of a vibrant bike culture for Miami-Dade.
Miracle Mile eastbound and westbound lanes of Miracle Mile will be closed for auto traffic. Guided bike tours, for a low-cost fee of $10 per person, will include routes that traverse the greater Coral Gables area."
· Kick-off ride in the morning to begin at the stage at Miracle Mile and Le Jeune Rd
· Bike Tours begin at noon
· UM BikeSafe rodeo to teach kids about bike safety
· Bike Polo demonstrations hourly
· Bounce houses and arts & crafts at TD Bank Kid Zone
· 10 local environmental and wellness nonprofit booths
· DJ and live music by Nil Lara in the afternoon
For more information please visit www.gablesbikeday.com