Friday, July 25th
6:30pm (ride starts at 7:15pm)
150 NW First Street
The ride will be going through Little Havana, West Flagler, Coral Gables, Miracle Mile, Coral Way, Shenandoah, Riverside, and Downtown. Total distance is approximately 11.5 miles. It's strongly suggested that you print a copy of the map or save it on your phone in case you are tardy or get lost.
All eyes appear to be on Miami Critical Mass and it’s time for participants to prove the opposition wrong. Everyone riding is solely responsible for their actions and should lead by example. If you see someone riding or behaving irresponsibly, then let them know it’s not acceptable. If you’re partaking in the ride, then it’s your duty to positively influence others. Ride safely and be courteous to everyone in the community, if you can’t do this then quite simply you are not welcomed. There’s no room for hostile, drunk, moronic individuals. There are a lot of great people on these rides, enjoying their city by bicycle for 1-2 hours on the last Friday of every month, and it’s rather unfortunate that a few bad apples can ruin this special occurrence for everyone else. To frustrated motorists, borrow a bicycle and try joining the ride sometime with some friends. You never know, you just may experience one of the most fun, free, and healthy social gatherings South Florida has to offer.
Bicycle Rules & Safety Tips
- Stay in the right lane, and do not ride across middle line on the road into opposite travel lane
- Yield to emergency vehicles.
- No Headphones! While riding a bicycle it is illegal to wear a headset, headphone or other listening device, other than a hearing aid or instrument for the improvement of defective human hearing.
- Safety Lights: Front & rear lights are required by law in the State of Florida.
- Kids under 16 years of age must wear helmets.
- Do not ride on the sidewalk.
- Passing: A passing cyclist is responsible for the safety of the cyclist that is being passed. When passing ring a bell and/or say "on your left".
- Yield to pedestrians and buses.
- No drinking of alcohol or illegal activity during ride.
- Do not filter forward past stopped cars at a red light.
- Skateboarders, inline skaters and recumbent bikes are welcomed, exercise caution.
- Do not litter or vandalize any property.
- Stopping: If you must stop to check your bike, phone, gear etc please move over to the sidewalk when it's clear. Do not stop abruptly in the middle of the street with the mass behind you. You will more than likely cause a cyclist to hit you and/or swerve and hit someone else.
- Always perform an "ABC Quick" Bike Check to ensure that your bike is in safe working order.